Saturday, January 17, 2009

Time for a new computer?

Some users want to know if they need a new comptuer. . I would say it's a personal question, meaning that if you only brose the internet and check emails then maybe all you need to do is update/upgrade your current computer. I ussually ask them , what are their computer specifications, meaning their Ghz and ram ammount. I feel that if your computer is a desktop Pentium 4 with around 1.8 Ghz , with about 512 of ram, and all you do is chat, email, internet, then No you dont need to upgrade. I would just suggest adding 1gb of memory to speed up some proccess. Now if you have a machine that is 800mhz and 256 of ram, and you running xp. I would say go for it, buy a simple dell or other brand, for aroudn 300-400 US dollars. I my self, love doing a lot of random things online, such as having multiple webpages up, watching youtube videos, playing my itunes play list, and sometimes i might even play a game or two. My computer is a dual2 core with 1gb of memory, and to be honest it does the job. I wish i had a monster computer, but its not needed.

The purpose of this article is to help those users debating wheather to upgrade to a new computer or not. I would recomend, doing a Clean windows install, so start fresh like when the computer came from the factorey (retail store) and it was extra fast and cool. I will talk more about that in the future, for now i will leave it here, if you got any more questions let us know.

0 comments: